03 November 2011

KARSTADT, BERLIN

I’m starting my report with a short review, subject of my most recent visit to a toilet. Generally speaking one can expect to find decent quality toilets in most department stores and that was the case with Karstadt as well. The pros of the department store toilets are that they are cleaned and maintained frequently and provide plenty of options to choose your favorite toilet seat or urinal.


The toilet seat I had the pleasure to use was a clean example of the kind used widely in Germany.


Most exemplary public toilets provide the quest with a hook to hang your coat on, improving the toilet visit experience. That was the case with Karstadt, but instead of just one, as a nice touch they provided two hooks!


The toilet paper roll and appropriate holder. I prefer having the paper roll the other way around with the paper unfolding from the top of the roll.


The only minor complaint I have is about the piece of cardboard below one of the urinal which was obviously leaking.


Nice way to store the paper rolls. The lucky one using a fresh roll will enjoy some warm sheets of paper during the winter! Not the first encounter with this style as I will later report.

As evident from the photos, the pattern of the materials and colors provide conditions for a harmonized and pleasant stay and the toilet guest can take the time needed in no hurry. At least I was happy to have chosen Karstadt toilet to conduct my business.

No comments:

Post a Comment